?

Log in

No account? Create an account
I HATE FREAKING CLIQUES aka "i'm sorry Aeire" - Godai Yuhsaku

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Wishy-Washy

December 19th, 2003


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
01:52 pm - I HATE FREAKING CLIQUES aka "i'm sorry Aeire"
Ok so I'm on customers_suck

And aeire's queenofwands strip has been showing up there lately cause she has been doing great work related strips.

But then someone asks if she is Childfree.

I know a couple of you out there considers yourself CF. Please don't take offense.

I just hate any group that labels itself over a minor decision in thier life to make themselves feel better.

Yes you have chosen to not have kids. GOOD FOR YOU.
Especially if you are < 21.

But the think yourself better because you say that you are making the decision for the rest of your life. Bullshit. You are still the same as everyone else. You are not an unique snowflake.

I'm sorry but when stating my views gets me accused of promoting violance towards children I'd be pissed. Someone accusing me of accusing another gets me just as pissed.

So back to my apology. I'm sorry Aeire that I feed fuel onto the fire about stupid crap that I don't really care about.
Current Mood: angryangry

(6 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:takami826
Date:December 19th, 2003 11:34 am (UTC)
(Link)
*twinkles around on toes*

but I'm a unique little flower!!

ahah I chose not to have kids, hell I used to belong in Cfree, however the drama was horrid and they were getting a little TOO vigilante for me -kinda like PETA
[User Picture]
From:godai
Date:December 19th, 2003 11:38 am (UTC)
(Link)
You of course dear are a pretty, prety princess. heh.

I'm actually relieved cause I think you were the one through which I first found the term.

Also that the view of CF being drama centric is not solely in my head.
[User Picture]
From:takami826
Date:December 19th, 2003 11:47 am (UTC)
(Link)
No, it's not. I personally don't want kids, I cannot stand most kids -however well behaved kids I don't mind and interact with. MOST kids are bratty spores and that's not their fault, it's their parents.

But that CF community really got bad (this was about 6mos ago I left in disgust) and even tho kids annoy me, I really don't wish serious harm on them -tho I will trip them for giggles (j/k)
[User Picture]
From:ocarina
Date:December 19th, 2003 11:51 am (UTC)
(Link)
Wow. I'd never heard of Childfree. I mean, I know people who have made the decision not to have kids, but they don't consider themsevles part of a group or movement or something. It's a personal decision. What rubs me the wrong way from I'm reading here is that these are people who make a choice and it's permanent and look down on people who have made another choice (even if only joking with the "breeders" thing) and people who have made the choice to not have kids.. for now. It's like those Christians who want to know the exact date and time you were saved- it all seems very buerocratic and like you're filing people rather than the personal decisions they both are.

But in less seriousness, I should write my esteemed president and tell him there's another group he needs to watch out for with the marriage protection act! If marriage is for procreation, then these childfree people shouldn't be allowed to get married!!! It would ruin marriage!!
[User Picture]
From:paradisacorbasi
Date:December 19th, 2003 12:21 pm (UTC)

Doubleyew Tee Eff, Mate?!

(Link)
Violence toward children? You?

Right.

I despise most of the childfree movement because they make out like choosing not to have children makes them somehow superior to people who choose to continue to propagate the species.

Yes, I think the "if you don't have children, the government isn't going to help you" situation sucks, but that still doesn't make anyone superior.

I left off Customers Suck because they have a double standard. A friend of mine's mother was mistreated, and she threw a powertrip to get her mother to a bathroom rather than having an aged woman cross an 8 lane highway on foot, and they called her out all kinds of names I wouldn't call a dog.

I think that's why I have all but given up on communities in the main. They turn too quickly from community into mob.
From:rainbowspringz
Date:December 21st, 2003 10:54 pm (UTC)

Thief

(Link)
You stole me line! Unique snowflake...admittedly stolen from someone else...anyway, go Godai for standing up to stupid people. There are far too many...and they breed faster than us...as apparent by the "ChildFree" faction of smart people vs the barefoot and pregnant shaded-neck variety of human animals.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com